Friday, January 9, 2009

Chicken Curry

This is one of my all time favorite things to eat! I ordered it for the first time at Morikami Gardens for lunch the very first time I met Ken. Since then, I tried to make it on my own by combining several different recipes with ingredients I usually have on hand. I never measure anything, so I tried to do that this time so that I could post the recipe! Here is my version:

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 large onion, diced
4-5 carrots, peeled and sliced small
1 14 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 14 oz. can chicken broth
8 oz. sour cream
1 Tbsp. corn starch
1-2 Tbsp. curry powder (to your taste & heat level)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Add oil and chopped onion and carrots to large skillet. Cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add cubed chicken and cook until almost heated through, then add beans. Add corn starch to skillet and mix well, then add chicken broth, sour cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens. You may need a bit more corn starch if the sauce is not thick enough. Serve over brown rice. Yum!

No comments: